What is HD?
Thanks to the HDry® quality standard, the shoes built with this system possess the highest level of waterproofness, breathability and insulation. The waterproof and breathable membrane is firmly laminated to the upper inner side and there are no seams and no gaps where water can penetrate: rain and cold are blocked on the shoe’s outer surface and a large volume of dry air keeps your feet warm and comfortable. The ultra-thin waterproof membrane and the unique lamination method provides a precise fit and keep your shoes dry and light all day.
Main Advantages of HDry® (OutDry Rebranded)
- The external layer and the membrane are a unique body; no space in between for water to collect.
- Water penetration and absorbency are minimised so so weight does not increase in the wet.
- The membrane has a very high capacity of water vapour permeability.
- The is no seam sealing tape (as with Gore-Tex), enabling HD to exploit 100% of the membrane breathable surface.
- Keeps a large volume of dry air between the skin and the membrane, reducing the risk of dew condensation.
For more information on choosing the right mountain boots and fitting the correct crampons read the Rock + Run article: A Guide to Mountain Boots and Crampons
- Crampon Compatibility: B1, B2
- Single/Double: Single
- Lining: HDry®
- Midsole: Activ Plus (polypropylene + fibre glass 4 mm)
- Outsole: Pentax Precision III
- Upper: Tech Fabric and Microtech
- Weight: 1000g (pair of 38)
Use: Summer Alpine / Summer & Winter Trekking / Winter Mountaineering / Via Ferrata